|Buy / Sell||25 / 5|
Paint is applied to blocks and furniture with the Paintbrush, and to walls with the Paint Roller, with each tile consuming one bucket of paint. The Paint Sprayer will automatically paint items when placing them. Paint can be removed with the Paint Scraper, although this will not place paint back into the player's inventory. If a painted block is destroyed, you will receive the block but the paint is destroyed.
If more than one color is present in the player's inventory, the color in the earliest inventory slot is used first (starting from the top-left slot).
The Deep variety of Paint is crafted at the Dye Vat from two of the same color paint. Deep paints are more vivid versions of colors, and are also required in order to paint certain objects. These include Statues, Trees, and certain background walls (eg. Cloud Walls), except in the case of White and Gray, which can be used on those objects without crafting the Deep variety first.
The basic paint is purchased from the Painter for 25 per bucket (except Shadow Paint (50 ) and Negative Paint (75 ) which are only available in Hardmode). Deep paints allow painting blocks that ordinary Paints would not normally affect, eg. Gray Brick or Glass Blocks. They are crafted at the Dye Vat with 2 basic paints.
Costs 50 , only sold during hardmode.
Darkens blocks further than Black Paint.
Costs 75 , only sold during hardmode.
Turns blocks the opposite of their natural color.
The following tools can be used to apply or remove paint:
|From the Painter||Spectre (+3 range)|
|From the Traveling Merchant|
- Painted blocks and walls will show up in the minimap, letting you mark the map (assuming you use enough paint of a distinctive enough color).
- Painting doors cost less paint if painting the doors while they are closed, (3 paint for closed door, 6 for open).
- It's also possible to apply paint to 3 random spots of an open door, close it, and re-open it.This will paint the entire door.
- Painting a source of light will not change the color of the light.
- 1.2.4: Painted walls show up properly on the map.
- 1.2.3: Added Shadow Paint, Brown Paint, and Negative Paint.
- 220.127.116.11.1: Fixed a problem with painted tiles not being painted in multiplayer.
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug that would cause tiles to be painted on multiplayer when they shouldn’t be.
- 1.2: Introduced.